Time to Get Up!

 

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

-pink floyd

Ten years I have struggled with mental illness and addiction. Now that I have reclaimed my life I am left physically wrecked and addled by regret. That is a story for another blog. I spent my youth in athletics and weightlifting and know of no better foundation to build on. That is what this blog is about, rebuilding my body, my spirit, my life and my family. 

Beginning Again

The mind of the beginner is empty, free of the habits of the expert, ready to accept, to doubt, and open to all the possibilities.

Though I have had to begin again many times in this life, this time it feels very different. In the past when failure loomed I would become afraid and anxious and agitated. However I feel peaceful and focused and actually excited to start over. 

I have come to understand everything that happens to you is a form of instruction if you pay attention, as awful as that may sound consider the truth of it. Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.

Lifting Programs

In my research I found 3 day 4x4x8 the best place to start for me.  I have put together a google sheet that lays out schedule and provides calculations and data collection

4x4x8 program


New Equipment purchase.

Starting fresh with some new gear. 




 


Thanks for taking the time.

I Just want to say thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. It is my hope that as I rebuild you might be inspired or that you may find a kernel of wisdom that helps. Perhaps there's a tip or trick that you may find useful. Please feel free to comment. Advice, suggestions and well wishes are always welcome, unless your going to be a dick, in that case save the keystrokes, give your carpel tunnel a break





Comments

  1. You have a way with words ❤️ I’m excited to see you succeeding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and advice is welcome.

Popular posts from this blog

Can Weight Training Help Anxiety and Depression?

True strength is wicked hardcore